At Zingly, we build relationships bigger than business. We are a highly ambitious, early stage (post seed round, stealth mode), tech startup laser focused on changing how consumers build and grow relationships with their brands, for the benefit of both. We believe that modern technology can serve to empower consumers and put them on an equal footing with brands, and that we can bring people together to build transparent, authentic relationships across the board.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about relationships -- and if your skills follow your passions, you are in the right place. Our team is globally distributed, and we welcome diverse backgrounds and paths of life. We challenge assumptions, embrace change, and value divergent perspectives. We put people first, inside and outside of work. Creating a healthy, balanced work culture is a top priority at Zingly.
This role is for a UI Engineer-Designer Lead with 10+ years of hands-on experience in building highly scalable mobile and web UIs. This role will lead the entire front end development at ZIngly including web application as well as mobile applications with emphasis on mobile development. We are looking for people with extensive background in communication (e.g. chat, audio, video), socialmessaging and consumer-facing apps.
Opportunities for impact:
- Build a tech solution that has the potential to impact all industries in the world
- Change how billions of people think about customer experience, pre- and post-sale
- Build a robust UX foundation for years to come
- Inspire and guide your teammates by example, through attitude and craft
- Be a part of, and contribute to, a people-first company culture
- Build and support iOS and Android applications and SDK
- Work with REST APIs and services
- Driven and determined to do your best, at everything you do
- Passionate about creating the best user experience possible, on schedule
- Independent but collaborative, clearly communicating and working across design, product, and engineering teams
- Team player, quick to help others, even when it’s not part of your core role
- Always curious and excited to learn new things, looking for feedback and opportunities to grow
- Proactive, anticipating what’s around the corner, both in our own product, and the bigger industry
- Innovative and not afraid to (respectfully) question status quo; out of the box thinker
- Leader in character and skill set, setting the bar high for yourself and others
- Be able to manage, build and grow a team of developers.
- Track record (10+ years) of responsive and well-performing mobile and web applications across various devices and browsers
- Extensive experience in mobile development
- Track record of building consumer-facing social messaging platforms
- Experience with mobile app development architecture
- Created and expanded modern UI design systems, in partnership with the design team (Storybook experience welcome)
- Participated in UX design processes and design thinking
- Used design tools for iterating, commenting, and inspecting UI designs (Figma, Invision)
- Enabled application test-ability and diagnostics, and fixed bugs with Redux architecture
- Created and handled Redux stores
- Experience with public cloud services like AWS and GCP
- Experience in TDD and BDD approaches
- Worked on apps that are published on the App Store
- Detailed knowledge of iOS and Android technologies including networking, data, and UI frameworks, and the application lifecycle
- Proficiency in Xcode instruments for performance, tuning, and memory management
- Experience with offline storage, threading, benchmarking, optimization, and performance tuning
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and Android's design and interface guidelines
- PWA concepts like manifest.json, caching strategies, offline-mode, service workers experience
- One or more frontend testing frameworks such as Selenium, Jest, or Karma
- Client-side routing using ReactRouter, latest features of React such as Hooks
- Sentry for crash reporting
- Analytics like Google Analytics, Mix Panel
- Build/development tools like TypeScript, ESLint, Prettier, Webpack, Babel, create-react-app
- UI libraries like Material UI, PrimeReact, Ant Design, ReactStrap, etc.
- Startup experience
- Flutter experience
We offer great benefits, flexible work hours and a remote-first culture built on trust. If this sounds like you, let’s connect, we would love to have you onboard!
We would love to meet you and talk about building Zingly together. We read every message and we will ping you back as soon as we review your intro. Thanks!